Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Fantastic Post

Ok Tao, you may have won this round. I was going to post about this weekend, but i didn't have any pictures or videos, and you beat me to it with this fantastic post. With further ado, i submit for your viewing pleasure:


Yes, we are all very much into Settlers of Catan now. I've been playing with my family for years, but it just caught on here. The first time we played was on a tiny travel set at my house. Since then, it's been madness. We've been going to a board game cafe that has all the versions and expansions available for rent. I'll buy a set shortly. Tao even found an online resource where you can play for free against people all over the world. It's easy to use and you can make custom boards set up however you want. Pretty cool... here are some examples other people have made that are available to play:

Spiral

Hesitation

Four Islands

Fifth Resource

For those who have never played one of the expansions, most of these boards includes a sixth resource: GOLD... which allows you to take one of any resource you want when it's rolled.

Catan! What a great game.

~Kev

No comments: