Saturday, September 26, 2009
Tuesday, September 22, 2009
- The subway, which i use everyday, has been closed a few times.
- Traffic is routed away from the center of the city, especially around Tian'anmen Square and surrounding streets.
- Tanks have been rolling down the streets. The first time was about 2am on a Friday night. It woke Therese up.
- Security has been heightened everywhere.
- Undercover police are checking passports of foreigners at random. Hasn't happened to me yet, but it's only a matter of time.
- Additional roadblocks and checkpoints entering the city, which makes my vendor visits just that much longer.
Wednesday, September 16, 2009
- Tao's blog has 7 (yes, seven!) videos of the performance that evening.
- Their myspace page has 4, (yes, four!) songs from their latest album.
- They are doing a weeklong US tour with 6 (yes, six!) shows starting this week. One of their stops is Sept 23rd in Chicago. Check out their myspace page for details.
Friday, September 11, 2009
milankalex: which bar?
milankalex: i'm asking what's the name of the bar
me: yeah, it is.
milankalex: no tell me the name of the bar
me: what bar
milankalex: the bar you're going to saturday
milankalex: (this is actually pretty good)
me: what is the name of the bar.
milankalex: what is the street name
me: no, what is the bars name.
milankalex: i'm asking you!
tell me what's the name of the bar, so I can go
me: ok, we'll be at what bar!
milankalex: i hate you!
me: (clap clap clap!)
milankalex: and end!
me: rah rah rah!
milankalex: nice work
me: bravo indeed, that was delightful
milankalex: people are looking at me funny in the office
for laughing at my screen
I actually started crying from laughter about halfway through.
Sunday, September 6, 2009
That. Was. Awesome.