Sunday, September 6, 2009

Lan Daotian's Last Show

Lan Daotian played it's last show recently, although none of us knew it at the time. It was my third show with them, and our second straight show at Mao Livehouse. I've had a great time getting on stage and playing shows again. I really miss it from my time in Boulder. And my friends came out in big numbers for this one, even though it was late and on a Wednesday. It was also Lincoln's last night in town so once i convinced him to come after his goodbye dinner, he brought 15 others in tow.

The show itself was pretty enjoyable for me. I played well and was rewarded with a few impromptu drum solos. Once we were done and the lights came on, my friends refused to accept the show was over. They made noise and demanded another drum solo. A bit reluctantly, i sat back down and worked up another performance for them. They, in turn, worked up a performance for me too.

Presenting, My Rediculous Friends.
-featuring Jim, Joe, Jeff, Lincoln, Tao, Ace and Alica.

WARNING: There is partial nudity in this video. Jeff's breasts are not for the faint of heart.

That. Was. Awesome.

Oh, and the band broke up the next day because the bassist/leader was no longer feeling it so he wrote us all an e-mail saying the band was through and thanks for playing but our services were no longer needed.

Oh well, i guess i have my Saturday's free again!

~Kev

No comments: