Sunday, February 20, 2011

Photos from Merica



This is pretty belated, but i've got a brief respite in my crazy life right now, so here it is.

I had three marvelous days with my family in Chicago over christmas. After flat out missing christmas in 2009 (i went home during february instead), it was great to see everyone together. My oldest nephew, Chris, is finally bigger than me, and my oldest niece at 15 has a boyfriend. They quite literally grew up while i've been away. Chris was even my designated driver to the bars one night. That kid will turn out just fine. My siblings were a hoot as well and i hadn't seen my brother Mike in two years. It was all pretty amazing.

Then therese and i met up for about 10 days in Colorado. We stayed in Larkin's awesome home with great friends surrounding us. Some highlights:
  • a great hike at Mt. Sanitas (see panorama at beginning of this post)
  • enjoyed a few dinners at Mountain Sun and discovered the new Yak and Yeti and their incredible chai milk stout
  • withstood a freak snowfall in Boulder
  • drank a bhakti chai everyday
  • saw the Motet at Cervantes on NYE
  • hung out with Mike Chaitkin and friends at Watercourse Foods, for a new years day brunch
  • spent a few nights at my sister's place in Evergreen
  • rented an awesome condo in Breckenridge for two days of snowboarding
Chirona flew out from the east coast to ride with us, Jordan drove up from Grand Junction, and my sister's family came as well. We were lucky to have fresh snow on our first day of riding, and that made the whole journey worthwhile.


Good times. It really made me miss Boulder and my family, but i know i'm not done with this adventure yet. There's a lot more i want to accomplish here and while it's not always easy, i know it's the right thing for me at this point in my life.

~Kev

No comments: