Saturday, May 9, 2009

Street Signs

I've been traveling to Tianjin rather frequently lately, mostly for work. It's time for another installment of Stuff I Saw While Traveling at 140 Km/Hr. This time, we'll be focusing on street signs.

DO NOT DRIVE TIREDLY
Overlooking the amusing phrasing of this warning, i'm more intrigued by the illustration. I continue to read the comics EVERYDAY, and have been doing so for the last 4 years. I was not aware that empty thought balloons were a universal sign for feeling tiredly. Also, the mostly featureless face and lack of hands kinda freaks me out.

Still, i'm not convinced this is the most accurate caption. I offer the following alternatives:
  • "Feed me, Seymour."
  • "Ms. Pac Man, I love you too. Let us now kiss."
  • "Pizza! My favorite! OM NOM NOM NOM OM NOM"
CHANGE LANE / NOTICE BEHIND
Step 1. Decide to Change Lane
Step 1a. Do so Without Turn Signal
Step 2. Notice Behind
Step 2a. Contemplate that Behind

REAR END COLLISION / KEEP SPACE

I believe these last two signs are related. You know, if you didn't spend so much effort telling all the drivers to check out all the nearby behinds, maybe you would have so many accidents. Eyes on the road people.

~Kev

P.S. Happy Mothers Day Mothers!

No comments: