The journey out there wasn't too bad and was only about 45 minutes, but they were exhausting. The island itself lived up to our expectations. I collected some shells, we walked the island, and went swimming on our private beach. Naked. Therese made up a theme song entitled "Nakey Island Adventure". The lyrics are:
Nakey Island Adventure!It's a great song and we sing it almost everyday still. The pictures from the island and the journey are on therese's camera, which is out of commission at the moment. Actually, it had been a pretty unlucky island for me. In just two days, i managed to:
- Cut my toe up on a cement step.
- Break a chair.
- Break a hammock.
- Walk directly into a tree.
- Capsize our kayak in the open ocean, losing the rented snorkel gear.
- Break therese's camera.
- Fall down the slippery, coral covered stairs on the reef bungalow, after dropping my camera lens cap into the ocean.
- Lose the lawn chair for the reef bungalow. (Actually, it just blew off in the night.)
The three days at this resort ended up being less than $200 total, including food, drinks, kayak rental, and some lost snorkeling gear. That's a bargain.